She-Power Homemade Whipped Body Cream
Being the working moms that we are, we don't have a lot of time to fuss around in the kitchen. And with winter poking it's bone-chilling head out, we need moisturizer that is going to do the job and do it well. These tough hands need tough hand cream, you feel me?
This is why we love this yummy recipe! It can be made in under an hour, and the ingredients are easily accessible at your local grocery store, and its incredibly moisturizing!
Stock up for the winter ahead or bottle some of this goodness and give it as gifts to your loved ones for the holiday season. Their smooth hands will thank you!
- 1/3 cup (or 2 ounces) of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (or 2 ounces) of shea butter
- 1/3 cup (or 2 ounces) of cocoa butter (for no chocolate smell use refined cocoa butter, if you want the chocolate smell use unrefined)
- 1/3 cup jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder (this part is optional and it helps remove the greasy feel of the lotion)
- 15-30 drops of your favorite essential oils (we love lavender + frankincense)
- 4 vitamin E softgels
- Combine all ingredients (minus the essential oils) in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler you can layer one smaller pot inside of another larger pot. The larger pot underneath will be the one holding the hot water and the smaller pot on top will be what will hold the ingredients.
- Bring the water to medium heat. Continuously stir until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Break open the vitamin E capsules and squeeze the contents in the mixture. Stir to mix the vitamin E into the mixture.
- Move the mixture to the fridge and let it cool for another hour or so until it starts to harden but is still somewhat soft.
- Using a hand mixer, whip for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Finally, add your essential oils and whip for another minute.
- Portion out into glass jars. Make sure to fill the jars while the ingredients are still soft as they will begin to harden quickly once whipped together.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have! Make sure to tag us in any posts related to this recipe @kinthree, we would love to hear how it works out for you!